For those unclear on the concept, the song is about an invasion…in this case, Viking ‘immigrants’ out to plunder Britain. Of course, those ‘immigrants’ had to fight their way in. These days, invaders are actually invited in and subsidized in a modern version of the Danegeld…or jirzyah if you prefer, since they’re being paid to stay rather than being bribed to leave.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Maggie’s Notebook – Can Christians Come Out Of The Christian Witness Protection Program?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Multiple Syrias
- Puma By Design – Pit bull attack in the Bronx
- The Razor – Mental Drive By – Fall Edition
- The Glittering Eye – How Do You Say ‘Underpants Gnome’ in German?
- Don Surber – I am not un-American, Mister President
- The Independent Sentinel – Democrats and Republicans Battle on Bringing Syrian Refugees Into the United States
- The Pirate’s Cove – LAPD Looks To Make Their Fleet All Electric
- The Political Commentator – Obama’s Master Plan: Because No President Could Be This Bad By Accident!
- The People’s Cube – FBI hires Ashley Madison hackers to retrieve Clinton emails
- Victor Davis Hanson – Descent Into Lawlessness submitted by The Noisy Room
- Hans von Spakovsky/Daily Signal –Does Allowing Noncitizens to Be Counted in Redistricting Violate One Person, One Vote Standard? submitted by Maggie’s Notebook
- Amberin Zaman/Al-Monitor – Can Turkey Pull Back From Brink Of Civil War? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Chuck Ross/Daily Caller – President Obama Orders Behavioral Experiments On American Public submitted by Puma By Design
- Diana West – Strangers in Your Own Land submitted by The Right Planet
- Adam Garfinkle/American Interest –Insane Asylum submitted by The Razor
- Breitbart – Federal Data: U.S. Annually Admits Quarter Of A Million Muslim Migrants submitted by VA Right!
- Jonathan Allen/Vox.Com – This Carly Fiorina ad is the perfect comeback to Donald Trump’s sexist insults submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Grouchy Old Cripple – So Why Are We Taking Them? submitted by Don Surber
- Victor Davis Hanson/NRO –Is Obamaism Correctable submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- John Gabriel/Richochet –The Debate We Were Supposed to Have submitted by Nice Deb
- Dennis Prager– Europe Is Making a Fatal Mistake submitted by The Watcher
- Michael Mukasay/WSJ – Cleaning Up After the Obama Team’s Iran Deal submitted by The Watcher
- Jonathan S. Tobin/Commentary – Britain’s Lurch Left Brings Hate Into the European Mainstream submitted by The Watcher