March Madness is definitely here. Not talking about basketball, but about insanity, madness in Washington D.C. and Britain and elsewhere around the globe. I appreciate the Honorable Mention from the Watcher’s of Weasels Council for my article on Sharia compliant wills, now legal in Britain. Take a look at the list of great reading below. Bookmark it for the weekend if you don’t have time to read today.
Yes, honest, law abiding leadership…..that.
The sort of leadership that would rewrite the Freedom of Information Act secretly without consulting congress. The sort of leadership that would gut an existing law to shield himself and any ‘White House equities’ – which are anything this president says they are – from being lawfully released under the FOIA Act for as long as he chooses to stonewall them. The kind of honest, transparent leadership that would commit an illegal and unconstitutional act three months after he was sworn in and violate his oath of office with impunity.
The fault isn’t in Caesar, but in ourselves in that we choose to be underlings. Yes, the shame is ours, in that we choose to put up with this without screaming bloody murder and insisting justice be done.
The Council In Action!
Liberty’s Spirit has a new article up at the Times of Israel, Rejecting God: Atheism and Autism
Nice Deb has a new piece up at Breitbart about a significant legal challenge to Obamacare, DC Circuit Court to Decide Tuesday Whether Obama Administration Can Rewrite Laws
Joshuapundit has a new piece up at the Times of Israel,What Caroline Glick’s One State Plan Unfortunately Misses
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – Perpetually Politically Correct With No End to Being Butt Hurt
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Captain America’ franchise has the potential to be a lefty’s wet dream
- The Noisy Room – Note To Obama: This Is What Resistance and Courage Really Looks Like
- Joshuapundit–Obama Commends Abbas For ‘Consistently Renouncing Violence’ ???
- Ask Marion – Newest Obama ‘Let Them Eat Cake’ Chapter
- Simply Jews – The slaves and their emperor: Russians’ adulation of Putin
- The Razor – Recommended Life Skills From A Nobody
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Israeli Solution
- The Right Planet – Another ‘Hate Crime’ Hoax
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s Administration Is Rewriting the First Amendment in Plain Sight
- Nice Deb – Hobby Lobby vs Sebelius Goes Before the Supreme Court
- The Glittering Eye –A Difference Of Opinion
- VA Right! – Slating Thwarted in Henrico with Strong Grassroots Turnout. Cantor Suffers Significant Blow
- Rhymes With Right – Harris County Republicans PAC Seeks To Mislead Harris County (And Other) Voters —
- Bookworm Room – What I would say to UCSB’s Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs about Free Speech, blacks, and abortion
- MidKnight Review – The Surrender of the Internet and a primary Conservative concern
- Maggie’s Notebook – Sharia Compliant Wills Hit Britain for 1st Time: You Think It Can’t Happen Here?
- The Pirate’s Cove – UN’s WMO Blames Cold And Snow On Global Warming
- Right Truth – Mark Twain said, “”Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness…” –
Melanie Phillips/WSJ – The Failure of the Middle East “Peace Process”submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
The Chronicle Of Higher Education – There Must Be Some Misunderstanding submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
Matthew Boyle/Breitbart –‘Liberty Tax’: White House, Media Attack After Drudge Pays Obamacare Opt-Out Penalty submitted by The Noisy Room
Daniel Henninger/WSJ – American Fatigue Syndrome submitted byJoshuapundit
Alex Weprin/Capitol –Sarah Palin Plans ‘Rogue TV’ submitted by Ask Marion
Contentious Centrist – Karma submitted by Simply Jews
American Thinker –The Profound Arrogant Ignorance and Stupidity of Liberals in Charge submitted by The Razor
The Atlantic – Vladimir Putin, Russian Neocon submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
David J. Shestokas – The Second Amendment: A Personal Natural Right to Keep and Bear Arms submitted by The Right Planet
Victor Davis Hanson –Loud + Weak = War submitted by The Independent Sentinel
John Hinderaker/Powerline – Washington Post Falls For Left-Wing Fraud, Embarrasses Itself [Updated With Post’s Response] submitted by The Glittering Eye
Conservative Tribune – VICTORY: Idaho Just Officially Nullified All Future Federal Gun Control submitted by VA Right!
The Foundry – INFOGRAPHIC: What Exactly This Hobby Lobby Case Is About submitted by Rhymes with Right
Washington Post/Pastor Rick Warren – If the contraception mandate passes, it will ruin a core U.S. ideology submitted by Bookworm Room
Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage – Under Obama, the New Mission of the Special Forces is to Make Muslims Like Them submitted by The Watcher
Zenpundit – Dealing with the China we Have Rather than the China we Wish to Have submitted by Watcher (h/t, The Glittering Eye)
Glen Reynolds/USA Today –Washington is headed for disaster submitted by The Watcher
If you would like to receive Maggie’s Notebook daily posts direct to your inbox, no ads, no spam, EVER, enter your email address in the box below.