Ares Armor: BATF Enters Store Guns Drawn and Gets Customer Lists

A court order didn’t stop San Diego-based BATF. On Saturday, according to a Fox5, walked into four Ares Armor retail stores, guns drawn, and with women and children in the store. This time they got the customer lists which Ares Armor owner, Dimitrios Karras, has said he would not give-up. Earlier, Karras said the ATF tried to persuade him to hand over the names, and simply not tell any one. He refused but on Saturday, March 15th, using weapons, they walked out with the customer lists, with product, and computers. Once again, it is proper to ask what political party does Dimitrios Karras and others in his company donate to? 


“They came into our firearms manufacturing facility saying, ‘Arms up!’  like they were invading Iraq.”

The raid happened three days after Ares owner was granted a temporary restraining by a judge to stop ATF agents from searching their stores.

The ATF confirmed they were investigating the stores for federal firearm violations stemming from the sale of a new plastic version of the 80 percent lowers, which gun enthusiast use to build their own AR-15 rifles.

Building a rifle with specific versions of the 80 percent receivers is legal.   The polymer lower receiver appears to be manufactured differently with two parts, making them a firearm and illegal sell, according to the ATF.

“We did ask the court to clarify if these things were firearms or not,” said Karras. “We did ask for protection as this gets resolved within the court system.” Source: Fox 5 

Mr. Karras previously sent a letter to the San Diego City Council who he believes started the scrutiny of his legal business:

WE DO NOT FEAR YOU. YOU WILL NOT selectively enforce laws or subvert your own ordinance because you disagree… Read the scathing letter here.

Ares Armor:

They sell gun parts, holsters, cases, apparel, backpacks and something called  a “80% lower”.  These are blocks of metal or plastic that are shaped into the rough form of a lower receiver.  These receivers are 80% completed and you can use a drill press at home to finish the remaining 20% and build your own gun. Ares Armor is not unique in selling these. There are hundreds of companies in the U.S. who make and sell “80% lowers”. You can have them mailed right to your front door with no FFL transfer or fees.

This is perfectly legal under the Gun Control Act of 1968 [check out the ATF’s website]. You still have to follow all Federal, State and Local Laws related to firearms. But, as a private individual who is making a firearm for personal use (and not for sale or distribution), you have no agreement with the government to put serial numbers on your firearm. As long as your aren’t selling or giving it away to someone else, it’s 100% legal. Source: Liberty Crier

With this news, customers are preparing for a knock on their doors. The first video below is the report of the confiscations and the second is an earlier report. Read the background here.

Ares Armor – BATF Confiscates Customer Lists (video)

Ares Armor – BATF Demands Customer Lists (video)
Linked at I’m 41 – thank you!

If you would like to receive Maggie’s Notebook daily posts direct to your inbox, no ads, no spam, EVER, enter your email address in the box below.

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 957 other subscribers