The Truckers Ride for the Constitution is still on. The government may be shut down today but will likely be back in business by October 11th when a three-day All-American Traffic Jam is planned for the D.C. area. HOWEVER, if you cannot make it to D.C., gather groups of Patriots and ride on the Capital of your state. Not everyone can afford the time to get to D.C., or the gasoline, thanks to Obama’s lack of a pro-American energy policy. Some 3,000 truckers are planning to forego their livelihood (hauling freight) to #MakeDCListen and ride for our Constitution. Motorcycles, RVs, cars, pick-ups and tractors are welcome to Ride for the Constitution. See details of participating in your local area and Washington, D.C. below. If you are a driver working and will be on the Interstates, fly a flag and try to get into a convoy before delivering your load.
As thousands of federal employees wonder where their next paycheck is coming from amid a government shutdown, around 3,000 truckers plan to descend on Washington, D.C., in an effort to shut it down further by not hauling freight for a whole weekend.
“The shutdown is actually a traffic jam,” former country music star and event organizer Zeeda Andrews told U.S. News. “This is a three-day traffic jam.”
According to Ms. Andrews, there are two reasons the truckers are striking.
“The first is a range of frustrations experienced by independent truck drivers not employed by a large company or affiliated with a union,” U.S. News reported.
But truckers are also targeting the Obama administration. A list addressing “corruption against our Constitution” and demands that the president be removed from office will be delivered to lawmakers before the ride, the organizer told the paper, and lawmakers can call off the protest if they agree to them.
“Obama said last week it’s my way or the highway, and the people are choosing the highway,” Ms. Andrews said. “It’s viral, it’s like a fire, it’s burning out of control [and] people really want to help because their issues are the same as the truckers are having. … All Americans and all truckers agree on one thing: Barack Obama is a threat to American safety.” Read more at The Washington Times
Ms. Andrews is asking that we participate by spending zero dollars for three days. Get your necessaries like gasoline before the 11th, dittos groceries and anything else you must have for the three day period of October 11th, 12th and 13th, 2013.
Plan for it get your gas and everything you will need in advance if 50% of the people do this. The tax revenue for those three days will hurt the establishment anywhere from 10 to 15 Billion dollars.
Some specific info (mostly taken from Andrews’ post linked above:
1. Trucker Earl Conlon is calling on all truckers in their State Capitals to Rally to the Capital to show support. We understand not everybody can afford the fuel to make the DC RIDE but this is a United effort.
Drivers that are working at least fly a flag and RIDE in Convoy formation while on the interstate. There will be Local TV from coast to coast filming this solidarity RIDE and event. It is up to the Truckers Of America to wake up the people as to the harsh regulations and UN-Constitutionals laws against our commerce and its people. We are brothers and sisters of the ROAD!
All truckers in this RIDE are directed to Earl Conlon, he is in charge, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Washington DC Capital on Constitution St. Show up Friday morning before the convoy gets there with signs concerning our constitution or in support of the RIDE, bring ole glory flags and show your patriotism. If some want to bring the 10 commandments to remind others of God’s Laws feel free to do so.
3. All Truckers, motorcycles, cars, pickup trucks tractors, RV’s that want to participate in this RIDE meet at the All American Truck Plaza off I-95 exit 98 across from amusement park. Most will show up the 10th. The event will start at 7:00 am October 11th.
4. Please dress your RIDE up with Constitutional related signs and or ole glory flags. Some people want to quote the 10 commandment and WE welcome Do what ever the spirit moves you to do.
5. People with Ham radios and Hand Held CB’s will be needed for communication. Harrisburg Pennsylvania Truckers for their State will meet at The Wilco Truck Stop off I-81 exit 78.
7. If you would like to participate in the Overpasses to cheer on our Constitutional Riders or wave your Impeach Obama signs or any other signs please join your State group to get the information where they will be. The group will say closed but join because most will say that, after joining the page will open to you. http://overpassesforamerica.com/?page_id=39
8. If you would like to rally to your nearest Rest Area Brett Backman with The Modern American Revolution said he would work the Rest Areas and the Overpasses in this event. If you want to start a Rally in your area at a Rest Area please let us know and we will post it. On Facebook: Modern Revolution
9. Fred’s Restaurant in Wheelersburg, Ohio will be supporting the Truckers Ride for the Constitution. Truckers traveling to D.C. Oct. 11,12,and 13 th can stop by and receive a Free Personal Pan Pizza, chips and a 20 oz. drink. Plz share so we can get the word out. God Bless America! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freds-Restaurant/186745074245
10. Stephanie King: feeding station, I-75 in Kentucky on Jelico Mountain.email@example.com
11. Virgelyn Miller: feeding Station http://www.youcaring.com/other/ride-for-constitution-feeding-station/90283.
Visit the Truckers Ride for The Constitution Facebook Page here. This minute they have almost 36,000+ ‘Likes.’ More details on Ride for the Constitution here.
If you would like to receive Maggie’s Notebook daily posts direct to your inbox, no ads, no spam, EVER, enter your email address in the box below.