When nationally syndicated talk show host Kevin McCullough broke the news about a document signed by Libyan Director of National Security Mahmoud Ibrahim Sharif showing the confessions of six (6) Egyptians involved in the deaths of our Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other Americans, most of us thought ‘something’ would happen…the press roar would be huge, but it wasn’t even a whimper. The confessions pointed to the Muslim Brotherhood and then-Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi (Mursi) in the planning, financing and executing of the attack. McCullough posted a screenshot of the document and the name of the American scholar who translated it, and further said the information in the document had been confirmed “multiple” times. Read on for information about jihadists caught on tape that night on September 11, 2012 saying directly to the camera, “We’re sent by Mursi.”
Not a whimper from the media, nothing from Congress other than the discussions of coming foreign aid to Egypt.
Walid Shoebat now comes forward with more. He has a video of the night of the attacks on our Benghazi Special Mission, with an attacker running toward the camera, speaking in Arabic, saying “Don’t Shoot Us! We’re were sent by Mursi.”
…in addition to mentioning Egypt, Mursi, and Ansar al-Sharia, the document also mentions Al-Nas TV and Dar Al-Hekma, both of which we raised red flags about in the days and weeks after the Benghazi attacks.
Stunning information from Shoebat that on September 8, 2012, the 17 Martyrs Brigade that was supposedly guarding the Special Mission site in Benghazi had notified the U.S. State Department that they would no longer support the U.S. in Benghazi, including the Ambassador’s visit.”
We’ve heard numerous stories that the attacks were a kidnapping-gone-wrong with the plan to kidnap Stevens and exchange him for Egyptian Blind Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman in prison in the U.S. for the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
An al Qaeda terrorist stated in a recent online posting that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens was killed by lethal injection after plans to kidnap him during the Sept. 11, 2012 terror attack in Benghazi went bad.
The veracity of the claim made by Abdallah Dhu-al-Bajadin, who was identified by U.S. officials as a known weapons experts for al Qaeda, could not be determined. However, U.S. officials have not dismissed the terrorist’s assertion. Source: The Washington Free Beacon, June 5, 2013
An unnamed source from inside the White House is quoted saying the kidnapping was planned by the White House as an October surprise, less than one month before the 2012 presidential elections.
Admiral James Lyons suggests the Obama administration intentionally lessened the levels of security at the consulate compound in Benghazi in the weeks leading up to the attack. This plan should have worked to reduce the possibility of resistance as the Ansar al-Sharia terrorist organization captured Chris Stevens, the American Ambassador to Libya. Source: The Washington Examiner
Ansar al-Sharia, suspected of the attack, reportedly means “release Islamist prisoners.” Another website interprets it as “Partisans of Islamic law.”
Soon after the attacks, we were told that six (6) arrests were made, but the intimation was that those arrested were Libyans. Remember the story of one the accused sitting on his front porch in Benghazi or Tripoli, laughingly telling the U.S. to ‘come and get him?’ Now we know the six (6) were Egyptians. In January 2013, the New York Times reported that Egyptians involved in the Benghazi attacks died in the Algerian raid to end the hostage-taking at the BP natural gas plant, just 30 miles over the border from three al-Qaeda camps inside Libya.
What is unique about this document is that its content wasn’t leaked to the press in some sort of salacious move. This is simply an interdepartmental memo from the Libyan National Security offices in Tripoli to the Ministry of the Interior. Written solely as a perfunctory after-action report as the results of the Libyan investigation in the events of that night. Source: Kevin McCullough, Townhall
Libya and/or the Obama administration was successful in keeping the FBI out of the U.S. compound for three weeks. They were in the compound only “for a number of hours.” Odd? Yes.
Mohamed Morsi (Mursi) has asked the U.S. for “mercy” for the Blind Sheikh.
Egypt’s terror-coddling President Mohamed Morsi has repeated his arrogant demand that America free convicted 1993 World Trade Center mastermind Omar Abdel-Rahman. I’d like to report that President Obama repeated his unequivocal rejection of the Muslim Brotherhood leader’s entreaties. But as of this writing, no such public statement or restatement yet exists.
That’s right. Obama has kept mum about Morsi’s vociferous lobbying on behalf of Abdel-Rahman, the “blind sheik,” who is serving a life sentence at a maximum-security prison in North Carolina for seditious jihad conspiracy. The commander in chief’s silence speaks volumes.
Morsi started publicly haranguing the U.S. to have mercy on the ol’ blind sheik back in September. Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., confirmed to the New York Post at the time that the Egyptian government had “asked for his release” and that the request was being considered by the Obama administration.
Underlings denied any talks were underway, but pressure on the White House had been building since at least last June, when the State Department granted a visa to a member of the radical Egyptian terrorist group Gamaa Islamiyya (the very group the blind sheik is alleged to lead). The Gamaa Islamiyya representative joined an entire delegation of Egyptian lawmakers who met with top State Department and White House officials. They reportedly discussed the possible release of the blind sheik with at least one Obama national security official. Read more from Michelle Malkin at The Weekly Standard
On September 9th, 2012, The Jerusalem Post had a small article saying a September 4, 2012 letter obtained by an Egyptian privately owned daily newspaper, Al-Masry Al-Youm, warned that Sinai-based/Gaza-based “Global Jihad” cells were planning attacks on American and Israeli embassies in Cairo. The JP says “all Egyptian security sectors” were warned. There is nothing saying the U.S. or Israel was warned. We do have a report from the UK Independent saying “senior diplomatic sources” claim the U.S. had 48 hours warning. We don’t know if those sources were American. So who are they? Who got the 48 hour warning?
In the Benghazi Accountability Review Board (ARB) report we learned that Colonel Andrew Woods was commander of a “Site Security Team” (SST) in Tripoli until shortly before the Benghazi attack. Hillary Clinton sent the team back to the U.S. The SST was paid for by the Department of Defense, not the State Department. Woods literally begged to stay in the region, but was forced to leave less than one month before the Benghazi massacre.
Wood and Eric Nordstrom, the Regional Security Officer, “implored” the State Department to keep Wood and the SST force in Libya beyond the scheduled August departure. Wood says he and Nordstrom DID NOT request ADDITIONAL security, but rather to keep the existing force in place.
Wood says his Team was only a small part of what the numbers planned to be withdrawn. The State Department’s Mobil Security Detachment (MSD), consisting of Ex-Green Berets, Ex-Navy SEALs were there when Wood arrived in Libya – three MSD teams already on the ground.
August 5, 2012: The State Department makes the decision to withdraw Wood’s SST. The MSD is being reduced. According to Wood, the State Department’s Charlene Lamb denied or ignored his requests to keep his SST in Libya. The withdrawal didn’t have anything to do with funding, according to Wood because his mission was funded by the Department of Defense. That claim was confirmed by Charlene Wood in a House Committee hearing.
August 14, 2012: Wood and his team leave Libya. Wood said at that time he expressed specific concerns for Benghazi.
September 10, 2012: Ambassador Chris Stevens arrived in Benghazi for a full day of meetings beginning on the morning of September 11, 2012. This was Stevens’ first time in Benghazi since Wood’s SST left Libya.
Related and Background: