I want to say that it has been a long time since I’ve tended to the vaccinations of children, so I am not an expert on when children and which children, and especially newborns before they leave the hospital, should receive any vaccinations, and I don’t have an informed opinions about midwives. Beyond midwives and vaccinations is this story of parents who had their newborn taken into the state’s custody for questioning (not refusing) their baby receiving the HepB vaccination before leaving the hospital. Here are the important points of the story. Read it all here.
● Jodie Ferris planned to have a midwife deliver her baby in her home. She went into labor early and the midwife urged her to go the hospital. An ambulance delivered her to Penn State Hershey Medical Center.
● The baby was born healthy, rating 9 out of 10 on the APGAR test, according to a doctor.
● Then Jodie was told by another doctor that the baby, Annie, was “sick” and needed to stay in the hospital. This doctor let Jodie know the use of midwives is not prudent.
● Hours later, she’s told Annie had to stay in hospital for 48-72 hours for “observation.” Jodie was told Pennsylvania law required the extended stay. The article says Pennsylvania has no such law.
● The hospital wanted to vaccinate Jodie and Annie with the HepB Vaccine. Jodie said she wanted to be tested for HepB, along with Annie, before making the decision.
● Without a warrant, the hospital took custody the baby. A social worker approved the vaccination.
● Jodie was released from the hospital with no baby. She and her husband attended a “shelter care hearing” and the “judicial officer” returned Annie to her Mom and Dad immediately. The Ferris’ are taking the matter to court. I hope you will read this story in it’s entirety and pass it on to anyone you think will benefit from this frightening story.
There is no doubt that this social worker’s intentions were entirely personal; she was aiming to teach these homeschooling, homebirthing parents a lesson they would never forget.
It’s high time a court of law draws a line in the sand once and for all to establish that parents and not the government have the ultimate right to determine both medical and educational decisions for their children.
There is no such thing as “your government family” as Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security is so creepily fond of saying. ~ Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist
I cannot find where Janet Napolitano referred to our families as a “government family,” but she might have said it. What I can confirm is the government is no longer your government, it is your “federal family” and it is “leaning forward” to support you. By the time this administration is finished with us, we will have only each other to lean on because, really, Obama and his band of unelected bureaucrats don’t give a fig about you other than your what’s in your wallet and what you do at the voting booth. (Thanks to The Patriot’s Liberty Journal)