Former Senator Chuck Hagel is close to a confirmation vote for the cabinet position of Secretary of Defense. It’s unclear who suggested Israel move their borders back to the 1967 borders before the Six-Day War – Hagel or Obama. Obama’s remarks are dated October 2009. The report issued by the U.S./Middle East Project, titled A Last Chance for a Two-State Israel-Palestine Agreement – a Bipartisan Statement on U.S. Middle East Peacemaking, with a list of ten signatories, including Hagel, is not dated – a good measure of government efficiency – but it is reported to be a 2009 report as I read around. Assuming this group could convince Israel to commit this insanity, and move borders back to the 1967 positions, the report also expected U.S. troops along with others (not necessarily allies) to join them in the defense of Palestine. The price tag for America’s defense of Palestine, as signed-onto by Hagel, was about $160 Billion, on top of the $500 million annually, according to a 2008 report, which would be under-stated today (I’m guessing). Then there’s the cost of American lives patrolling in the West Bank – a “US Troops Deathtrap,” a jihadi’s dream.buy valium without prescription
Hagel serves as the Chairman of the President’s Intelligence Oversight Board (IOB) and co-chairs Obama’s President’s Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB). He was named to the positions on October 28, 2009. He wants U.S. troops in Gaza.buy klonopin online no prescription
From the report:
buy soma no prescriptionativan online without prescription
Territory. Borders of the two states would be based on the 1967 armistice lines. Yet they would likely be adjusted by mutual agreement in order to take into account areas heavily populated by Israelis in the West Bank since 1967 and equivalent areas to be ceded to Palestine in exchange. (read it here, page 11)
The wrath of Israel’s supporters in America followed Obama’s remarks. From there, the relationship between Obama and Netanyahu dissolved after Netanyahu politely told Obama 1967 borders were in no one’s future.ambien online no prescription
valium online no prescriptionxanax online no prescription
The 1967 borders refer to those that existed before the Six-Day War, when Egypt, Syria and Jordan launched a surprise attack on Israel. The result was a decisive Israeli victory that left Israel in control of disputed territories such as the Golan Heights and Gaza Strip. A return to the 1967 borders would mean Israel relinquishing certain territories, a position the country has opposed.
It is important to understand the importance of the Six Day War and what the borders meant – and remember, Hagel wants U.S. troops in Gaza. Can you seriously doubt that Obama wants the same?
ambien online without prescriptiontramadol online no prescription
The areas shown in bright green (Sinai, Golan Heights, Gaza, West Bank and East Jerusalem) were occupied by Israel during the 6-day war. Israel has since returned all of Sinai to Egypt in return for peace, which today the Muslim Brotherhood says they will not honor. Most of Gaza is currently under the jurisdiction of the autonomous Palestinian Authority (2002). Parts of the West Bank (see Map of Israel and Palestinian territories following Oslo II) had been ceded to the Palestinian authority, but these areas are currently re-occupied by Israel. Following the 6 day war, Israel began building settlements in these areas. Click for a map of the settlements.
buy xanax online
Reminders of the 1967 Six Days War:buy valium online
● In the Spring, Syria conducted terrorist raids against Israel, water was diverted by Syria, from Israel and irrigation projects for south and central Israel, although approved by Arab engineers as non-detrimental to Arab lands, were not approved by the Arab governments.
● In May, Egypt blocked the Strait of Tiran to Israeli ships. “Lebanon, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia all activated their militaries. Iraqi troops reportedly approached the Syrian and Jordanian borders while Jordan moved tanks towards the West Bank.”
● Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordan and Saudi Arabia formed a “defense pact.” Egyptian President Nasser said “Our basic objective will be the destruction if Israel.” The guerrilla raids on Israel continued, including mine attacks.
The Arab people want to fight….” This link is an excellent map of the areas of attack on Israel from the “pact.” Click to enlarge the map. The tiny nation of Israel was surrounded by “some 500,000 troops, more than 5,000 tanks, and almost 1,000 fighter planes.” France, Israel’s major arms supplier, issued a “complete ban on weapons sales and transfers to Israel.”
● On June 5, 1967 war broke out with 100,000 Egyptian troops on the Sinai border, which Egypt was charged with keeping peaceful in the 1949 Armistice Agreements. Syria had at least 75,000 troops on their borders, Jordan 55,000. Iraq placed tanks and fighter jets on the borders of Jordan and Israel. The Pakistani air force, Libya, Algeria, Morocco, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia joined the coming fight.
Get a visual of tiny Israel surrounded with these masses. Israelis who could, sent their children to Europe. It is believed 100,000 graves were dug. Germany contributed gas masks to Israel.
It is significant that so few know any truth about this period in Israel’s history.
● After three day Israel defeated Jordan and gained control of all of Jerusalem, including the West Bank, known historically as Judea and Samaria.
● Israel took control of the Gaza Strip
● On the fifth day, Israel took the Golan Heights. That ended the Six Days War
These are not defensible borders. Even NATO hated the idea, said it was undoable in its“feasibility study.” So the President who wants the troops home, and is willing to put Chuck Hagel in charge of carrying out his orders, sees a soulmate in Muslim sympathizer, Chuck Hagel, a known anti-Semite – the perfect vehicle for cutting Israel down to size, if not vanishing them from the face of the earth – the goal of every Palestinian, Jordanian, Egyptian, Syrian, and Iranian.
Make your Senator aware of this report as soon as possible.
Related and Background: