A report out of the New York Times says Egyptians involved in the attack on our Benghazi consulate (officially considered a “mission”) are now dead in the Algerian raid to end the deadly hostage-taking at the BP natural gas plant just 30 miles over the border from three al-Qaeda camps inside Libya. The report does not say how many dead Egyptians were involved in both attacks:
The Egyptians involved in both attacks were killed by Algerian forces during the four-day ordeal that ended in the deaths of at least 38 hostages and 29 kidnappers, the official said. But three of the militants were captured alive, and one of them described the Egyptians’ role in both assaults under interrogation by the Algerian security services, the official said.
If confirmed, the link between two of the most brazen assaults in recent memory would reinforce the transborder character of the jihadist groups now striking across the Sahara. American officials have long warned that the region’s volatile mix of porous borders, turbulent states, weapons and ranks of fighters with similar ideologies creates a dangerous landscape in which extremists are trying to collaborate across vast distances. Source: New York Times
Hillary Clinton testified today that our government is committed to bringing to justice those who killed U.S. Ambassador Stevens, and three other Americans died on September 11, 2012 in Benghazi, Libya. Others were injured, but the only person identified among the survivors is David Ubben, a “Security Agent, who was “gravely” injured.
The problem is, courtesy of the weakest government in the history of the U.S., the U.S. has no stroke, and jihadists know it. There is no justice rendered by the U.S. for the deaths of Chris Stevens, Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods and Sean Smith or the wounding a reported three additional Americans, and it was insulting to the dead, and their families, and every American, hear Secretary Clinton make the claim yet again today.
One leading suspect is in custody—Egyptian custody—and we’re being denied access to him. Another sipped a strawberry frappe in the lobby of a luxury hotel in Benghazi as he told a New York Times reporter that he felt no need to hide from the United States. And when a third suspect was freed from a Tunisian prison earlier this month, the U.S. government was given no warning, but extremists belonging to an al Qaeda-linked group apparently had advance notice. Source: Weekly Standard
Ali Ani al-Harzi, a Tunisian national is the only person I know of that has actually been named as a suspect. He fled Libya to Turkey, and was then extradited to Tunisia which locked him up before they let him go, without notification to the U.S., even though Senator Lindsey Graham threatened to cut off funding to Tunisia if the U.S. was not given access to him. The question is, why is Tunisia or any Islamic country receiving a dime of U.S. taxpayer funding.
Lindsey Graham can’t get a thing done through the Democrat Senate but I guess I appreciate the idea. I only wish he would say, ‘if Republicans in the Senate had their way, not another dime would go to Tunisia, but Democrats in the Senate insist on funding terrorism.’ That would be a statement.
Now wait for the State Department to declare the job done. Someones are dead in Algeria, so it’s over. Photo courtesy of the Long War Journal which has more on Ali Ani al Harzi.