The US Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper puts his head on the chopping block once again (knowing the axe never falls), saying his office is taking responsibility for false information on the Benghazi massacre given to the White House, and fiercely and ridiculously defended and repeated ad nauseum to all those posing as Obama’s face to the world: Hillary, press kid Jay Carney, US Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice, David Axelrod, and almost every Democrat strategist. You do remember James Clapper and his support of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood and a particular vacant moment that was quite significant? Clapper’s lack of security-savvy was whitewashed too.
Clapper takes responsibility for the White House line on Benghazi:
In the immediate aftermath (of the assault), there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo,” spokesman Sean Turner said in the statement. “We provided that initial assessment to executive branch officials and members of Congress, who used that information to discuss the attack publicly.”
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, which coordinates and sets policies for the 16 other U.S. intelligence agencies, is led by retired Air Force Gen. James Clapper, who was appointed by President Barack Obama in August 2010. Source: McClatchy
Clapper’s job, according to his own website, is to serve as the principal advisor to the President of the United States. The goal of the department is to “effectively integrate foreign, military and domestic intelligence.”
But senior U.S. officials have now confessed the government privately labelled the attack a terrorist act almost immediately after it happened, and even knew that the perpetrators had links to al Qaeda.
Two unnamed officials told Fox News that the administration internally flagged the strike ‘terrorism’ from day one, setting off the proper protocols and mobilising resources.
The government had also been informed by September 12 that U.S. intelligence agencies were hunting on specific suspect – militant Ansar al-Shariah and al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, who were likely responsible for the deadly attack. ‘No one … believed that the mortars, indirect and direct fire, and the RPGs were just the work of a mob — no one,’ one of the officials told Fox. Source: The Daily Mail