Congressman Allen West was asked last Spring if he regretted saying some Democrat members of Congress were Communists, specifically 78 to 81 members of the Congressional Progressive Congress. Here we are approximately 5 months later and in that time..
1) The Director of National Intelligence has admitted that warrentless wiretaps have collected unauthorized information in violation of the Fourth Amendment;
2) The Supreme Court called ObamaCare a tax, even thought it was not legislated in any way by Congress – not authorized or appropriated – a clear violation of the Enumeration of Powers;
3) Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents have filed a lawsuit against Janet Napolitano and Homeland Security for Obama’s new policy of “prosecutorial discretion” and “Presidential Priority” which causes ICE agents to violate their oath to defend and protect the US Constitution;
4) An illegal alien was given a speaking slot at the Democrat National Convention;
5) Oregon has adopted the guidelines of ObamaCare, as written by DHHS Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, which enables 15 year olds and older, either male or female, to be sterilized at no cost and without parental consent;
5) The DNC first expelled the word “God” from their party platform, and refused to proclaim Jerusalem as the capital of Jerusalem, before they voted to amend that amendment, could not achieve a two-thirds vote to add it back in under pressure of appalled Americans, but added it back in anyway;
6) The Pentagon has allowed the President to allow about the bin Laden raid/kill and threatened to sue an former Navy SEALs publisher, and perhaps the SEAL – after the White House leaked details that could have put the SEALs in jeopardy.
7) Homeland Security and other governmental agencies have ordered what seems to be enormous quantities of ammunition and weapons. Rather than explain the need for our government to have (excluding the Department of Defense and the Pentagon and all ammo and weapons for the Military) over 1 Billions rounds of various caliber bullets and numerous high-powered weapons, they simply redacted the quantities on government bids.
8) The Border Patrol says the claim that the Obama administration has deported more illegals than the Bush administration but it all has the stink of cooked books.
I could go on but have just noticed that in the power outage we had just minutes ago with a cool front supposedly coming through, this post got pubished before I was finished with it, so I’ll stop here. – you get the idea…
Allen West is right! He makes the point several times that media should do their homework and study ideologies. Allen West is right!
Begin a loose transcription of the video below:
UNIDENTIFIED QUESTIONER: About a week ago Congressman, you said the Congressional Progressive Congress had 70 or so Communists. Do you have any regrets about saying that?
WEST: I don’t have any regrets at all, and I think that if you would take the time to study the political spectrum of ideologies, you would understand that at the turn of the Century American Communists renamed themselves Progressives.
If you study the Woodrow Wilson administration, it will refer to the Woodrow Wilson administration as a Progressive administration.
Now, what I hope that people would do in the media is do a little research and start looking at what political ideologies are, and what they stand for.
There is a very thin line between Communism and Progressivism, Marxism, Socialism, or even as Mark Levin has said, Statism.
It’s about nationalizing production, it’s about creating and expanding a welfare state. It’s about this idea of social and economic justice – you hear that being played-out now with fairness, fair share, economic equality, shared sacrifice an nauseum, ad infinitim.
It is also about the creation of a secular state. This whole argument that the Liberal Left is trying to take you down talking about contraception, is really about a Federal Government that has reclassified religious organizations for them to be able to manipulate them however they wish.
So that’s what I wish people would focus on. Now, let me also bring something up. Since I’ve been up here…first time ever in politics, the past 15 months, we’ve had members of the Democratic Party stand up and talk about how Repubicans want to kill women. We’ve been called racists, we’ve been called sexists, we’ve been called homophobes, Islamophobes. We hear people constantly talking about the Tea Party Right Wing extremists of the Republican Party, but I don’t see anyone getting upset and challenging the other side.
I welcome anyone to have a discussion and a debate about the political ideology, because when you look at what is happening in this country right now, can you tell me this government is not nationalizing production – automobile industry, financial sector, health care? Cap and Trade did not go through the legislative process – look what they’re doing through the EPA as far as the energy sector. Look at what’s happening with the national labor relations board.
Who would have ever thought that we live in the United States of America where the Federal Government would be telling the private sector where they could relocate?
Look at some the bills that have come out of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. These are individuals who voted against having a balanced budget amendment yet they wanted to have a Constitutional amendment so that they could redistribute wealth. I don’t know if that’s in keeping with your version of a Constitutional Republic, but when I went through my studies, it surely was not, so I stand by what I’m saying and it’s very interesting that people on the Left are not debating the point that I made. They just don’t like the point that it was made.
Someone in the unseen audience asks West if he really believes “in his heart” that they [Congressional Progressive Caucus] adhere to those policies.
WEST: I just went down the line of legislation – you want to talk about creating a welfare state? Look at inauguration day [January 2009] and how many people were on food stamps. Look at inauguration day and how many people were in poverty. Look at where we are today. Want me to tell you exactly where we are?
As of 27 March we have 46 Million people on food stamps. On inauguration day we had 32 Million. That’s a 45% increase.
Americans in poverty on inauguration day – 39.8 Million, as of 27 March  46.2. That’s a 6.4 Million increase. That’s what I’m talking about – creating an expanding welfare state.
Folks, do your research. Understand these ideologies. This is a choice between two very clear futures….
END LOOSE TRANSCRIPT OF WEST’S REMARKS
Related and Background:
Congressman Allen West on the Congressional Progressive Congress and Communism (video)
If you are reading this article on FavStocks, know that this is the work of Maggie Thornon at Maggie’s Notebook and FavStocks does not have my permission to republish my work. FavStock owns the copyright to nothing I produce. Did you know that to contact FavStocks, their email contact is corrupted and you have to send a letter to Singapore!