Those are the words of Sarah Palin as she spoke to hundreds of Ted Cruz for US. Senate supporters in Houston, Texas – “sudden and relentless reform” if you send Cruz to Washington. The Cruz podium was the inaugural 2012 campaign stump event for Palin.
“Ted is not going to D.C. to make nice with the foo-foo, she-she cocktail crowd. Not at all. He’s going to do the heavy lifting to reign in our out of control government.” ~ Sarah Palin
By the way, Governor Rick Perry who is supporting Cruz’ challenger, gave Palin the black and white boots you see in the photo.
Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC) spoke for Cruz in South Carolina saying that a Cruz victory in the July 31st runoff election will show that politics-as-usual is “out of their hands, and in your hands.”
On Tuesday, Cruz will face current Republican Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst. If you are Conservative, it is so important that you find time to get to the polls. We must take the US Senate in November. While I believe we will also take the White House, should we not, we must control the Senate, and we must control it, not with GOP elitists, but with true, die-hard, Constitutional-loving Republicans.
‘Big Government GOP elitist’ is the perfect descriptor for David Dewhurst, who is quoted saying he would pay to get Palin and DeMint to speak out for Cruz. There’s your message: Palin and DeMint, too Conservative for Dewhurst, who will huddle unter the tent with one of the too-numerous Senate RINOs already entrenched on Capitol Hill. When Liberal Texas newspapers endorse Dewhurst, and you care about Big Government reform, Ted Cruz deserves your vote.
Take a look at just a few of Ted’s credentials:
• Cruz is a former Texas Solicitor General, leaving that position in 2008.
• The first Hispanic Solicitor General for Texas
• The youngest Solicitor General in the nation and the longest serving Solicitor General in Texas
• Argued 9 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court
• Author of 80+ Supreme Court briefs.
• This article says he defeated Barack Obama in one of those SCOTUS arugments.
• Served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law
• Clerked for Chief Justice William Rehnquist on the U.S. Supreme Court and was the first Hispanic to have done so for a SCOTUS justice.
• Currently a partner in a Houston lawfirm where he leads the company’s U.S. Supreme Court and national Appellate Litigation practice.
Impressive Conservative Endorsements (incomplete list):
Sarah Palin, US Senator Jim DeMint, US Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), US Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA), US Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), US Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK), US Congressman Michael Burgess (R-TX), US Senator Ron Paul, US Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI), former Senator Rick Santorum, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Brent Bozell, Jay Sekulow, Erick Erickson RedState, Hispanic Republicans of Texas, Gun Owners of America, Tea Party Express, Madison Project, Young Conservatives of Texas, Young Americans for Liberty PAC, Phyllis Schiafly – Eagle Forum, David Barton, James Dobson, George P. Bush, Club for GrowthPAC, FreedomWorksPAC, Senate Conservatives Fund, Heritage Alliance, Concerned Citizens Political Victory Fund, Family Research Council, Eagle Forum PAC, Concerned Women for AmericaPAC, Republican Liberty Caucus, Cathie Adams – form Chair Texas Republican Party and former Chair Texas Eagle Forum, George Strake – for mer Chair Texas Republican Party, Peggy Venable Tax Payer Advocate, Former US Attorney General Ed Meese, Kelly Shcakleford President Liberty Institute, Tony Perkins Family Research Council, Winston Elliott Chair III – Chair Free Enterprise Institute, and many other notables.
I participated in a blogger phone conference with Ted Cruz a few months ago. Here are some of my notes:
1. Cruz “strongly” opposes illegal immigration, “categorically” supports legal immigration. We must secure our border by doing “everything humanly possible…fences, walls, technology including infrared.” If sent to the U.S. Senate he will introduce a bill to triple the size of the U.S. Border Patrol. (This is the question I would have asked, after waiting for the good people of Texas to have their say, but someone beat me to it. No surprise.)
As Texas Solicitor General, he led a coalition to the U.S. Supreme Court to seek the strictest penalty for illegals with criminal records.
According to Cruz, David Dewhurst, the current Texas Lieutenant Governor, supported in-state tuition for illegals and helped to kill the recent bill that would have prohibited sanctuary cities in the state.
2. He will seek to cut the Departments of Education, Commerce, the IRS and the National Endowment of Arts. He supports a fair tax and entitlement reform.
3. His stance on war policy is, if and when we are called to military action, we should go in with overwhelming force and “get the heck out.” He criticized Obama on Libya saying the President has not “tried to articulate a national security interest.”
4. Cruz says Dewhurst is not a fighter, but rather sits down to reach a “middle position.”
5. A caller asked about Constitutional compliance, which he says he will make a focus of his time in the Senate. He has recently made a statement about Obama’s runaround Congress, making an unconstitutional recess appointment. The recess appointment was “excessive abuse.” Read Cruz’ Obama Disregards Congress and the Constitution here.
This week, in making several bogus “recess” appointments, President Obama once again demonstrated his autocratic arrogance, disregarding Congress and the constraints of the Constitution. His disdain for Congress – and the American people who elected them – is manifest.
6. A caller said that a friend of hers is voting for Dewhurst because of his experience in oil and gas. Cruz replied that he grew up in the Houston area with parents who owned a small energy business there.
He represented 29 members of Congress challenging Obama’s drilling moratorium on the Gulf coast, which the courts upheld (I presume after the BP Oil spill).
He led a coalition of states, defending them against the Arroyo Toad and the Protected Species Act at SCOTUS, arguing that Congress did not have the authority to regulate a toad that never crosses state lines.
7. He is concerned about the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and believes the bill overstepped Constitutional boundaries. Detaining American citizens indefinitely is “breathtaking” and “wrong.” He would not have voted for it.
He supports the Patriot Act in general but understands the widespread concern about it. He is open to examining “reasonable arguments” about the ways the Patriot Act has gone too far.
8. He said he would support the Hispanic vote by emphasizing traditional values such as faith, family and patriotism, because Hispanics are generally Conservative.
9. He participated in creating the Center for Western Civilization at the University of Texas, with much gnashing of teeth, angst (my characterization) and “pushback” from the faculty, who wanted no part of our Judeo-Christian heritage emphasized.
11. His father immigrated to the U.S. from Cuba as a teenager. His mother was the first of her family to attend college.
Once more I will say that all politics ARE NOT local. Every vote cast in the U.S. Senate affects my family and yours, our freedom and our quality of life. The Ted Cruz website is here. His record is here. His bio here. His blog here. Donate here. Graphic Credit: Chron.com