The new Obama “movie” narration by Tom Hanks is one the schmaltziest pieces of Hollywood work yet: “He [Obama] would not dwell in blame or dreamy idealism.” Puke Alert: Highest. One lie after another. But deeper into the video, after the housing crisis, the bailouts, the General Motors story, health care, is this line: “He brought fairness to soldiers who went to serve their country, regardless of who they love.” I listened to it over and over and over. Anyone have a clue what that means? Men and women left their spouses and children to serve? No, that doesn’t fit, although that might be a first and only thought. Every soldier knows in a time of war they will leave loved ones. And what does fairness have to do with making a decision to serve the military? I believe he is talking about Muslim Americans who chose/choose to serve, although their first love is not America. Their first love, devotion and loyalty is Islam. Perhaps the fairness is knowing that Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood shooter, has NEVER been accused of an act of jihad, or of being a terrorist. A strong message and promise to those American Muslims soldiers who do both. Perhaps that’s the ‘fairness’ in this bazaar statement. UPDATE: Reader Brenda actually has the answer, I think: it’s about Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
● Bill Clinton arrogantly claims: “and he [Obama] didn’t give the UAW money, he said you guys gotta work together – everybody’s got to have some skin in the game…” but let’s face it, the UAW walked away with every cent of investment of every GM bondholder.
● THE BIG WHOPPER: At 15:40 in Diane Sawyer says it is a “banner day for the resurgent U.S. auto industry. Less than two years after coming out of bankruptcy, General Motors announced today [May 2011] it is investing $2 BILLION dollars in 17 plants.” Tom Hanks again: “With business booming, they repaid their loans.” A blatant lie. Today GM still owes taxpayers $25 BILLION. The numerous announcements of repaying TARP in full, ahead of schedule, and with interest is yes, a blatant lie. While you can find the truth everywhere on the Internet, this explains it best:
GM received $50 billion in TARP funds (never mind that TARP was only supposed to cover financial institutions). About $7 billion of that came in the form of a straight-up, low-interest loan. And about $13 billion came in the form of an escrow account.
So how has GM, which lost $38 billion in 2007 even as it sold 9.4 million cars, paid back its debt? It took money from the escrow account to pay back the $6.7 billion loan.
Do you remember when you were a kid and your parents gave you $20 to buy them a Christmas present? You bought them something worth $3 and pocketed the rest? That’s what GM has just done. ~ Reason
● There is another $10 BILLION, not discussed, low-interst loan from taxpayers to modernize plants, so the $2 BILLION Sawyer reported on comes from yet another loan. When Bill Clinton said the UAW had to pitch in and have a stake – the stake was yours.
● In the meantime, Ford, which took no bailout or bankruptcy, is fighting against competition still today shored up by taxpayer monies. We are told in the video that GM is “once again, No. 1 in sales world wide.” Really, it’s shameful.
● I’ll skip the healthcare rhetoric, other than to say he blamed his mother’s death from Ovarian cancer on the state of healthcare in the U.S., rather than her decision to live in Indonesia, where the cancer was misdiagnosed as appendicitis. By the time Ann Dunham Obama Soetero returned to the U.S. for treatment, it was too late.
OSAMA BIN LADEN:
● Hanks solemnly drones that killing bin Laden was the “ultimate test of leadership,” but really, get a grip, the ultimate test of leadership was to go after al-Qaeda in the first place, which I believe Obama would not have opted to do. How long we’ve stayed is another discussion. What degree of leadership does a president need to give an ‘okay’ to our troops who have worked toward the goal of bringing Osama bin Laden to justice, every day, for ten years? The only leadership needed for them, was the order to proceed.
CHANGING THE WAY THE WORLD SEE US:
● Laughable at about 14 mins. in we hear “he changed the way the world sees us.” We see a shot of Obama and the Dalai Lama meeting at the White House. I remember that particular meeting, when Obama’s guest, the Dali Lama, was shown in a White House back door and let out the same way – walking past trash bags as he went.
THE RECOVERY ACT:
● “…building bridges, highways, infrastructure.” Little of that was done – everyone knows it:
One of the Council’s recommendations to President Obama was to streamline the federal permit process for construction and infrastructure projects. It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for “months to years … and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned … I’m sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges.” At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, “Shovel-ready was not as … uh .. shovel-ready as we expected.” The Council, led by GE’s Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter. Source: Another Black Conservative
BIZARRE OR BRAZEN?
● “He brought fairness to soldiers who went to serve their country, regardless of who they love.” Please read my opening paragraph is you missed it, including the Update.
Here’s the whole insipid, simpering, mawkish mess:
The Road We’ve Traveled Minus the Sinkholes (video)
Other Talking about the Sinkholes: