My article on Occupy Wall Street’s wealth redistributionist agenda, with data on their mostly-employed status is a Watcher of Weasels Council Honorable Mention this week. Thank you my friends. Find some great reading from this list below. Winners announced later this week.
Welcome to theÂ Watcherâ€™s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the â€˜sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This weekâ€™s contest is dedicated to Gilad Shalit. Baruch shuvcha habayta, khayal shel Yisraelâ€¦
Our good friend Brian over at Snapped Shot has decided to devote his energies to other pursuits instead of blogging and has resigned his seat on the Council. Itâ€™s been great having him, and weâ€™ll all miss his good humor and insights on photojournalism.
But heyâ€¦looky what we got here! Iâ€™m proud to announce the debut of two brand new Council members, Sard fromÂ The Right PlanetÂ andÂ The Mellow Jihadi, both of whom bring unique outlooks and writing skills to the group. Both have previously appeared as Honorable Mentions and non-Council nominees, and if youâ€™re not already familiar with them, then youâ€™re in for a real treat.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcherâ€™s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didnâ€™t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over toÂ JoshuapunditÂ and leave a comment with the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with the mandatory e-mail address in case I need to contact you (it wonâ€™t be published)Â no later than Monday 6PM PST.Â Then simply return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcherâ€™s Council contest for the week. Simple, no?
Itâ€™s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcherâ€™s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without further ado, letâ€™s see what we have this weekâ€¦.
- Rhymes With RightÂ â€“Â Democrats â€“ Supporting The Terrorist Enemy Is Patriotism, Opposing Obamaâ€™s â€œJobs Billâ€ Is Treasonous
- The Political CommentatorÂ â€“Â Some in the OWS movement, like the Nazis before them, say â€œBlame the Jewsâ€
- Joshuapundit-Egypt Moves Towards The Abyss
- The Noisy RoomÂ â€“Â Leninâ€™s 99 Percenters
- The Colossus of RhodeyÂ â€“Â Narcissism Indeed
- The RazorÂ â€“Â Out of the Mouths of Babes Comes Gibberish
- GrEaT sAtAnâ€S gIrLfRiEnDÂ â€“Â Lordâ€™s Resistance Army
- Bookworm RoomÂ â€“Â Is this the weasel way of saying â€œYou smell bad and you scare me?â€
- The Right PlanetÂ â€“Â The Surreality of Evil
- The Mellow JihadiÂ â€“Â Three Petty Officers of the United States Navy
- Right TruthÂ â€“Â Who Are You, Who Who, I Really Wanna Know â€¦
- VA Right! -Â Obamaâ€™s Teleprompter Stolen at Virginia Center Commons Mall
- The Glittering EyeÂ -Austerity This Ainâ€™t
- New ZealÂ â€“Â The Left Speaks Of War
- Simply JewsÂ â€“Â Nikolai Valuev as female yeti
- Maggieâ€™s NotebookÂ â€“Â Occupy Wall Street Protestors Not Unemployed, Not Diverse â€“ Are Radical Wealth Distributionist Left-Wingers
- Capitalist PreservationÂ â€“Â Jose sez: â€œSi este hombre es mi hermano, yo quiero ser un hijo Ãºnico.â€
- PolipunditÂ â€“Â Republicans Pulling To The Left?Â submitted byÂ Rhymes with Right
- Daily CallerÂ -Red, White and Angryâ€¨: Communist, Nazi parties endorse â€˜Occupyâ€™ protestsÂ submitted byÂ The Political Commentator
- Melanie PhillipsÂ â€“Â Journalism? No, cruelty and propagandaÂ submitted byÂ Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knishâ€“The Age Of AccountingÂ submitted byÂ The Noisy Room
- Common Sense political ThoughtÂ â€“Â Why Not Just Treat Everybody Equally Under The Law?submitted byÂ The Colossus of Rhodey
- Blog Maverick â€“ The Mark Cuban WeblogÂ â€“My Soapbox Advice to the OWS Movement and then someÂ submitted byÂ The Razor
- Global SpinÂ â€“Â Obamaâ€™s Iran Dilemma: How to Respond to a Plot Seemingly Designed to Provoke Escalation?Â submitted byÂ GrEaT sAtAnâ€S gIrLfRiEnD
- Big Government-Journolist 2.0: Occupy Wall Street Emails Show MSM, Dylan Ratigan, Working With Protesters To Craft MessageÂ submitted byÂ Bookworm Room
- The Ellis Washington ReportÂ -Leninâ€™s â€˜useful idiotsâ€™ in ManhattanÂ submitted byÂ Right Planet
- Roger L. Simon/Pajamas MediaÂ â€“Â â€œTahrir Envyâ€ Meets â€œTea Party Envyâ€ on Wall Streetsubmitted byÂ The Mellow Jihadi
- NewsbustersÂ -Will Other Journalists Follow Martin Bashir and Highlight Anti-Semitism at Wall Street Protests?Â submitted byÂ Right Truth
- Human EventsÂ â€“Â Guess Where Over Half of Americaâ€™s New Jobs Came From In June?Â submitted byVA Right
- Ziva Sahl/Babalu BlogÂ â€“Â Remembering Laura PollÃ¡nÂ submitted byÂ The Glittering Eye
- Libertyâ€™s SpiritÂ â€“Â Face Of A terroristÂ submitted byÂ The Watcher
- Tundra TabloidsÂ â€“Â To Be Black In Iraq: They Still Call Me Abd (Slave)â€¦â€¦.Â submitted byÂ The Watcher
- Barry RubinÂ â€“Â The Middle East Today: Ha, Ha! Itâ€™s Too Funny! I Canâ€™t Take It Any More!Â submitted byÂ The Watcher
- Michael J. TottenÂ â€“Â The Swing State of the LevantÂ submitted byÂ The Watcher