Manhattan Conservative Jedediah Bila reveals some of the conversation at a New York City cocktail party she attended, confirming what we know: Liberals are scared senseless of Sarah Palin.
This particular party happened to occur the same day it was revealed that Sarah Palin will be keynoting a tea party rally in Iowa on September 3. So, Palin came up quite a bit. What did some of Manhattan’s finest lefties have to say about her?
Here are the top five sentiments that were expressed throughout the two hours I lasted (special thanks to the veggies and dip for keeping me there long enough to overhear this fun):
5. SHE’S SCARY BECAUSE SHE’LL ACTUALLY DO WHAT SHE SAYS. That’s right, folks. They know she’s the real deal. They know that if she says it, she means it. And that scares the living daylights out of them.
4. SHE’S WAY TOO LIKABLE. They admittedly fell in love with Barack Obama’s charisma, and they know darn well that the only person in the GOP field who can match that—or, dare I say, surpass it—is Palin. P.S.—When someone brought up Mitt Romney, many found that awfully funny.
3. SHE’S NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK HER MIND. Palin’s fearlessness is what unnerves them the most. This group was all too excited for a “more subdued,” “less nervy” 2012 Republican alternative.
2. SHE’S “ANNOYINGLY REGULAR” AND PEOPLE LOVE IT. The fact that Palin would never fit in at their cocktail parties is a plus, and they know it.
1. SHE CAN WIN. “What do you think would’ve happened if Palin had been calling the shots in 2008?” I asked. One poor gentleman looked like he’d seen a ghost. “I think we could very well have had a President Palin,” he replied.
Interesting, isn’t it? Now of course they repeatedly retreated into their left-wing, media-fed talking points about how she’s “inexperienced,” how she’s “a quitter,” and how she’s “just not smart enough to be president.” But it was clear to me that they didn’t actually believe an ounce of it. Sure, they had to say those things. That’s their job—to echo left-wing talking points. But those talking points provided them with no comfort whatsoever.
If you are not familiar with Jedediah, the video below gives you a good sense of who she is and what she believes. Better yet is this interview with Bila at What on Earth?
Jedediah Bila on RedEye (video)