The Watcher’s Council has spoken and winners were announced yesterday. The articles nominated among the Council members, and those submitted by members from outside the Council, always make for informative reading. Perhaps among the fireworks and hot dogs you will find some time to settle in and catch up on the past weeks news. The winning entry concerns Agenda 21, and was written by Terresa Monroe at Noisy Room. Earlier this week I received an email from my always-alert neighbor, Patsy. She had been reading about Agenda 21, watching videos, etc., and wanted to know what I knew about them. Considering I had foot surgery last Monday (June 27th) I couldn’t remember what I knew, if anything. I was delighted to find that the Watcher’s Council is talking about Agenda 21 this week. The organization deserves our interest. The winner of the non-member category says that Sarah Palin loves the Jews more than they love themselves. It’s a great article. I hope you’ll drop by Right, Wing-Nut (linked below) and see what Palin is up to. Wishing you and yours a blessed Independence Day and plenty of time to read your favorite blogs.
This week’s Watcher’s Council nominations were especially scrumptious, and I personally had a difficult time voting. To make things even worse, in the end we wound up with a tie between two superb pieces, The Fascist Stealth of Agenda 21 byThe Noisy Room and The New Misogyny: The Left’s Sexist Treatment of Conservative Women by The Razor, and it was my unpleasant duty as Watcher to have to pick between the two of them..but that’s why I get paid the big bucks, no?
While The Razor’s piece admirably caught the meme of the outright demonization of women who stray off the Leftist plantation, The Noisy Room’s detailed expose’ of the stealth agenda to curtail our freedoms ultimately won me over. Here’s a slice:
“I didn’t even know about Agenda 21 until a couple of months ago. Did you know it has been around since 1992? It is quietly and stealthily being implemented throughout the United States and the world. And within its scope is contained some oldie but goody concerns that I have held for some time: confiscation of public lands by the government (the Wilderness Project), EPA over-regulation, population distribution and control and the list just keeps getting longer and scarier… Agenda 21 is a 40 chapter plan that lists a series of goals to be achieved globally. It is the global blueprint for changing the way we “live, eat, learn and communicate” because we must “save the earth.” Humans be damned.
Under Agenda 21, everything you can imagine would be heavily controlled by the government: water, electricity and transportation are just some of the areas of concentration that are targeted. This new way of living would usher in an uber-nanny state globally, the likes of which we have never dreamed of. Forget one-world government… Think one-world totalitarian regime.
So what exactly does Agenda 21 entail? It consists of 115 specific programs designed to facilitate, or to force, the transition to Sustainable Development. The objective, clearly enunciated by the leaders of the Earth Summit, is to bring about a change in the present system of independent nations.”
In our Non-council category, the winner was Right, Wing Nut for Sarah Palin Loves The Jews More Than The Jews Love Themselves submitted by Right Truth. It’s an interesting reflection on how many Jews of the Leftist persuasion are so tied the Leftist agenda that they embrace those who mean them no good and demonize someone who supports them on every occasion.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Snapped Shot was unable to vote this week, but was unaffected by the mandatory 2/3 vote penalty :
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! The Noisy Room–The Fascist Stealth of Agenda 21
- Second place with 2 votes – The Razor –The New Misogyny: The Left’s Sexist Treatment of Conservative Women
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit-‘Divorcing’ From Israel
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room-Sliding down the slippery slope on abortion
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Rhymes With Right-On The Pulitzer Prize Winning Illegal Alien
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Right Truth –Iraq: Grow up, you’ll be on your own soon.
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – VA Right!-Virginia Public Schools Using SOL’s to Indoctrinate Children in Islamic Theology and Purge Christianity – Part I
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD –Drones Alone
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – The Guilds
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – New Zeal – Key Socialist Fears “White Working Class” Could Defeat Obama
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Simply Jews – Z-ranha first time in action: sabotages Gaza flotilla ship
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Right, Wing Nut- Sarah Palin Loves The Jews More Than The Jews Love Themselves submitted by Right Truth
- Second place with 2 votes – The Contentious Centerist – Peace Flotillas to kick peace in the groin submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Patterico’s Pontifications/Aaron Worthing – Thirteen Clear Factual Errors in Richard Stengel’s Essay on the Constitution (And I Am Looking for Your Help) (Update: My Letter to the Editor) submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 vote – Caroline Glick – The Invisible Palestinians submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 vote –Via Meadia – The Failure of Al Gore: Part One submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – Doug Ross – The Obama 2012 Campaign: Nothing says ‘I feel your pain’ like $36,000-a-plate fundraisers with Wall Street executives submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –Once Upon A Time In The West –Cyber-Leninism File: State-sponsored hackers attack IMF computerssubmitted by New Zeal
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Victor Davis Hanson – There Are No Socialists submitted by The Noisy Room
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Big Jolly Politics – One Voter’s Checklist for Candidates for the New CD 36 submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –al-Jazeera – Criminalising Palestinian solidarity submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Neo Neocon – More On The American Family’s Decline submitted by The Political Commentator
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –American Thinker/Stuart Kaufman – My Weekend In The Belly Of The Beast submitted by The Watcher