While writing a post on the upcoming Troopathon IV, I was catching up at Move America Forward. I was intrigued with an article title: When America Builds a Monument to Itself in a Foreign Country. Once I started reading, I remembered seeing the same in an email numerous times over the past years. Reading it, and thinking about it weekly, should be a sacred duty for each of us. (Please read about Troopathon here – and remember the sacrifices)
Above all, think about what it means says about the American spirit. We do not erect monuments to glorify ourselves in other people’s lands. Because when the American military sets foot on foreign soil, it is always to liberate, to make man more free, to break the chains of slavery, communism, oppression, extremism, theocracy, despotism.
America has left the blood of countless of our sons and daughters to soak the soil of foreign countries, to sacrifice to make them, us, the whole world FREE. The monuments we erect serve only to solemnly show future generations what so many of those who came before us fought, what they fought for, and why we must preserve the peace and freedom they paid for with their lives.
1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne , France … A total of 2289
2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes , Belgium … A total of 5329
3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France … A total of 4410
4. Brookwood , England – American Cemetery … A total of 468
5. Cambridge , England … A total of 3812
6. Epinal , France – American Cemetery … A total of 5525
7. Flanders Field , Belgium … A total of 368
8. Florence , Italy … A total of 4402
9. Henri-Chapelle , Belgium … A total of 7992
10. Lorraine , France … A total of 10,489
11. Luxembourg , Luxembourg … A total of 5076
12. Meuse-Argonne… A total of 14246
13. Netherlands , Netherlands … A total of 8301
14. Normandy , France … A total of 9387
15. Oise-Aisne , France … A total of 6012
16. Rhone , France … A total of 861
17. Sicily , Italy … A total of 7861
18. Somme , France … A total of 1844
19. St. Mihiel , France … A total of 4153
20. Suresnes , France … A total of 1541
Apologize to no one. Remind those of our sacrifice and don’t confuse arrogance with leadership.
The count is 104,366 dead, brave Americans.
HOW MANY FRENCH, DUTCH, ITALIANS, BELGIANS AND BRITS ARE BURIED ON OUR SOIL… AFTER DEFENDING US AGAINST OUR ENEMIES?
WE DON’T ASK FOR PRAISE…BUT WE HAVE ABSOULUTELY NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE!
Americans, forward it! Non-patriotic, delete it! Most of the protected don’t understand it. DO THINK ABOUT THIS. THANK YOU.