The Comic Tragedy of the Obama Presidency

Did you happen to catch the press conference President Obama called for Friday afternoon? Bizarre doesn’t begin to describe it. He said a few words and then relinquished the podium to Bill Clinton. Of course, the former president relished the opportunity to arise again as the great triangulator, as if to say “Let me show you how it’s done.” But the current president wasn’t all that interested, after all.

After a few minutes, Obama seemed to conclude that he would be better served by being out of the picture than as a bystander. “I’ve been keeping the first lady waiting for about half an hour, so I’m going to take off,” he said.

Clinton responded, “Well, I – I don’t want to make her mad. Please go.”

And with that, Clinton had the stage to himself.

Here’s video of the bizarre moment.

Clinton Takes Over for Obama (video)

It’s Bizarro World. The President of the United States of America outsourced a press conference. It was pretty funny, and would have been a lot funnier if this president weren’t such a committed leftist.

We aren’t just witnessing the failure of liberalism, we’re living it. It’s tragic. Tragic that millions of Americans can’t find jobs. Tragic that the legacy we’re leaving our children is a mountain of debt, much of it owed to countries that aren’t exactly friendly. Tragic that the voters in 2006 and 2008 didn’t look at the bluest of blue states and learn the lessons of the failures of liberalism. Tragic that we live in a place where it’s perfectly acceptable to vilify an entire class of people because they’ve enjoyed a little success in life. Tragic that even after the American people realized what was happening, and shouted STOP, the leftists refused to stop. Tragic that somehow an ideology embraced by only 20% of the people is being imposed on the other 80%. Tragic that the best place in the world for receiving health care will in no time be reduced to a socialist European style health care system, where Grandma can just take a pill instead of receiving life prolonging surgery. Tragic that what was once a meritocracy is turning into a corporatist-socialist state where it’s not what you know but who you know. Tragic that innocent Americans are getting groped and virtually stripped at airports while Mexicans can skate through security as trusted travelers. Tragic that those running our country pay higher deference to Rules for Radicals than they do to the Constitution of these United States of America. Tragic that the Obama administration will continue killing America one regulation at a time. Tragic that our children, and many adults, don’t know the difference between a republic and a democracy.

So yeah, it’s pretty funny watching The One who was going to heal the sick, stop the rising of the tides, and bring about peace on Earth be brought crashing down to Earth. But really, the joke’s on us. We have another two years of this guy and his allies in the Senate, when “compromise” will mean he’ll give a little while taking a lot. His czars will still be in place, the over-regulation of everything will continue, and the price tag will keep rising for our kids. It’s so freaking funny I could just cry.

Posted by Karen at The Lonely Conservative

  • The world and nation finally see that Obama has absolutely no leadership skills. I wonder what would happen if Daddy Bill stops bailing him out?

  • I would enjoy watching this liberal collapse, but their crash and burn could end up taking the whole country down.