Rule 5 posts have to do with pretty girls or beautiful women – whichever you prefer. RS McCain says I will undoubtedly get a million hits if I join Rule 5’ers, mix it up a little bit with Rules 1, 2, 3, and 4, because only a few can handle all politics, all the time. See a video below.
I’ve pestered my guy blogging friends who eagerly await the day for their Rule 5 posts. I’ve whined that they had an unfair advantage. The whining was not productive.
From The Other McCain, this is how Stacy McCain explains mixing “loveliness” with politics:
Everybody loves a pretty girl — It’s not just guys who enjoy staring at pictures of hotties. If you’ve ever picked up Cosmo or Glamour, you realize that chicks enjoy looking at pretty girls, too. Maybe it’s the vicious catty she-thinks-she’s-all-that factor, or theschadenfreude of watching a human trainwreck like Britney Spears, but no one can argue that celebrity babes generate traffic.
Then I noticed that Opus_6 at American Perspective became a Rule 5’er on Saturdays. I’ve studied her posts to determine just how a I might move into the Rule 5 territory. You can see a few of hers here, here and here. The last one definitely has me thinking I can do this.
Then I compared her posts to the most energetic Rule 5 poster, outside of McCain, that I know, and that would be Bob Belvedere at The Camp of the Saints. See a few of his here, here and here. I recognized all of the women in Opie’s posts. I haven’t a clue who most are at Belvedere’s place.
I’ve eliminated most of today’s beautiful women because I can’t stomach their politics. Maybe I’ll get over it. Having said that, if you know Natalie Wood’s political leanings, don’t tell me.
So here’s my first Rule 5 post. Let me know what you think.
Robert Redford on Natalie Wood
The Other McCain, Thank you Smitty
Theo Spark – Thank you Theo!
Si Vis Pacem – Thank you Ran!
The Camp of the Saints – Thank you Bob!
Pirates Cove – Thanks William!
My previous Rule 5 posts:
Natalie Gulbis and March Madness Sweater Puppies
Posted by Maggie @ Maggie’s Notebook
- 19 November 2010 at 10:11am
- Rule 5 Friday: A Gorgeous Conservative | Maggie's Notebook 16 January 2011 at 10:01am
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: A Conservative Darlin’ | Maggie's Notebook 22 January 2011 at 11:01pm
- Saturday Night Rule 5: The Girl-Next-Door Insider | Maggie's Notebook 29 January 2011 at 8:01pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Egyptian Women | Maggie's Notebook 05 February 2011 at 8:02pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Lt. Col. “Mac” McKenzie | Maggie's Notebook 12 February 2011 at 6:02pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Jennifer Lopez | Maggie's Notebook 12 February 2011 at 10:02pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: The Dictator’s Wives | Maggie's Notebook 19 February 2011 at 7:02pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: The Donald’s Daughter | Maggie's Notebook 26 February 2011 at 6:02pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: A New Zealand Conservative – Rachel Hunter | Maggie's Notebook 05 March 2011 at 4:03pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Anna Rawson | Maggie's Notebook 15 March 2011 at 3:03pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night Make Up: Kate Middleton Bikini Shots | Maggie's Notebook 19 March 2011 at 8:03pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Natalie Gulbis and March Madness Sweater Puppies | Maggie's Notebook 27 March 2011 at 9:03am
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Olga Kurylenko Bond Girl | Maggie's Notebook 02 April 2011 at 3:04pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Julianne Hough | Maggie's Notebook 09 April 2011 at 1:04pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Oklahoma’s Carrie Underwood | Maggie's Notebook 16 April 2011 at 8:04pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: 26 Conservative Women with Beauty and Brains- Vote for Your Favorite | Maggie's Notebook 30 April 2011 at 4:04pm
- Rule 5: Ten Beautiful Swim Suits and the Women in Them | Maggie's Notebook 21 May 2011 at 12:05pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Obama Jumper/Mitt Supporter Cindy Crawford | Maggie's Notebook 04 June 2011 at 12:06pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Penelope Cruz Pirate’s Edition | Maggie's Notebook 04 June 2011 at 5:06pm
- Saturday Rule 5 on Friday: Good Witch Bad Witch Round-Up | Maggie's Notebook 25 June 2011 at 8:06pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Ana Beatriz Barros | Maggie's Notebook 02 July 2011 at 5:07pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Charlene Wittstock Princess of Monaco | Maggie's Notebook 16 July 2011 at 1:07pm
- Rule 5 Saturday Night: Military Tribute | Maggie's Notebook