Last night at midnight, we left 2009 behind. Not one to carelessly wish away time, I nevertheless am ready to move into 2010. I’m anticipating a year of some hope and some change. To make that change come about, there are some things about 2009 that no serious conservative will ever forgive or forget.
Here’s my list of the 10 Unforgivable and Unforgettable in 2009. I have purposefully left out the Stimulus and the bailouts, as well as the amnesty for illegals coming our way. Amnesty is the single biggest and most dangerous issue facing America, and compared to it, all else pales. I hope you’ll add to this list in comments. Mine list is in no particular order of importance.
(1) The buying of Senate votes to pass Health Care on Christmas Eve, which Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) characterized as “corruption, not compromise.” Unforgivable and Unforgettable.
(2) The 111th Congress in general, and specifically for allowing unread
legislation to pass. Unforgivable. Senator Tom Coburn summed-it-up:
“This Congress will be remembered for its arrogance, corruption and
(3) Attorney General Eric Holder drops charges of voter intimidation in Philadelphia against the New Black Panthers. After the Black Panthers simply refused to show up in court, the government won a default judgment – which Holder promptly nullified. Unforgettable and Unforgivable.
(4) Obama stands behind Kevin Jennings as his Safe Schools Czar. Unforgettable and Unforgivable.
(5) The administration’s refusal to call the Ft. Hood murders, terrorism and specifically Islamic terrorism, and actually withhold information on the murders from the investigative body of Congress. Unforgettable and Unforgivable.
(6) The constant and completely unsubstantiated charge from Democrats that Republicans “have no ideas.”
(7) The continued, and shameful, support of ACORN from the White House
(8) The illegal firing of Inspector General, Gerald Walpin, by the White House, and then the ordering of related document shredding, also by the White House. This firing came about because Walpin’s report showed that AmeriCorp has fraudulently misused $75 million in government funds, and also showed that Obama’s close friend and donor, Kevin Johnson, former NBA star and currently Sacramento Mayor, was involved. Walpin was cleared of all wrong doing and wants his job back. Unforgettable and Unforgivable.
(9) Coming legislation to bailout newspapers.
(10) The confiscating of our personal health care records by the government, under the guise of providing more accuracy and safety for the patient. We all know that to the government, nothing is sacred. We will rue the day this happens.
None of the above would have been possible with even moderate media scrutiny. The ongoing media blackout, as outlined below, has left this country reeling. We can no longer depend on the ballot box to make our voices heard, UNLESS we vote in much bigger numbers than ‘they’ vote. The press will encourage and use ACORN to bring about the Leftist agenda. We must be ‘gutterally’ smarter than they.
(a) The War on Terror, including the indecent silence on radical Islam;
(b) The unread legislation, including the Stimulus Bill and Health Care
The subverting of private industry jobs to newly created government
jobs giving the Obama administration massive growth in…government
(d) The refusal to explore both sides of climate change and global warming, and then finally, the refusal to report the ClimateGate scandal.
The refusal to report on Barack Obama’s unknown life: his college
records, the name used on applications, the passport he traveled with
as a college student, and of course, the refusal to force his birth
certificate, or the lack of one, up and out of the abyss.
(f) The lack of a truthful look at Henry Paulson’s role in the economic meltdown in September 2008. Remember the “emergency meeting” between Paulson, Bernake and top Congressional members, when Paulson told Congress without passing the $700 billion bailout “tomorrow, we won’t have an economy on Monday.”
Remember President Bush standing, with Paulson looming over him, addressing the Nation about the coming economic disaster? We know now that a bailout was inherently wrong. Most of us knew it at the time, but coming in September 2008, Paulson single-handedly gave the Oval Office to Barack Obama. In my opinion, it was a conspiracy – and it worked.
Had the media done it’s job, and simply reported what was
widely-known and questioned, regardless of the end result, and let the
readers make the judgment, Barack Obama would not be in office today.