If you plan not to buy a PelosiCare health insurance policy, no matter the mandates, then a criminal and civil trial may be in your future. It is possible for you to be tried in both courts and your penalty can be a hefty fine of up to $250,000 and up to 5 years imprisonment.
Readers and Bloggers: please share this in any way you deem productive. Let’s get this information everywhere.
The following information is taken from a letter to Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI), the ranking member of the Committee on Ways and Means Republicans. Camp asked for clarification of penalties to be imposed if a taxpayer chooses not to purchase at least a $15,000 policy – which Camp says is the “lowest cost family non-group plan under the Speaker’s bill” in 2016.
The date stamp is November 5, 2009 and is on the letterhead of Congress of the United States, Joint Committee on Taxation and is signed by Thomas A. Barthold. Read the entire pdf letter here, as well as Rep. Camp’s comments. The following are signifigant snippets:
3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of
a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year,
maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself
and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional
tax.” [page 1]
Among possible Civil penalties for not obeying Nancy Pelosi:
* An “accuracy” penalty of 20% of the underpayment attributable to the health care tax, based on negligence…
* A fraud penalty of 75% of the underpayment…
* A $5,000 penalty for taking a frivolous position on a tax return…
* A delinquency penalty of .5% of the unperpayment, each month, up to a max of 25% of the underpayment…
Among possible Criminal penalties for evading PelosiCare:
* A misdemeanor willful failure to pay – fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.
*A felony willful evasion – fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 5 years.
Many thanks to reader, master sculptor and major news snoop, David Lemon at Clay to Bronze.