Continue the fight to kill the Senate illegal immigration bill. To find your Senator’s contact information, go to the top box in my sidebar, enter your zip code and make your opinions known. Phone and fax information below.
This Legislation is very much alive, and there is a new tactic the Senate plans to use, known as the “clay pigeon.” To read about this “scheme” by Senator Harry Reid, read about the “clay pigeon” here
When your Senator’s office patiently explains to you that under this new legislation border enforcement will be stronger due to a fail-safe biometrics form of identification, explain that you have no confidence in a “fail-safe-anything” devised by Capitol Hill. Let’s face it, they cannot keep your social security number safe, indeed, they do not want to keep it safe. By allowing your SSN to be “shared,” several other illegals can work and pay into the system. The issue is: they want a steady stream of cheap labor – cheap labor that can be controlled. There is no other issue for those attempting to ram-through this reprehensible Bill.
s.1348 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007
Let’s give notice to our Senators that we WILL NOT waste our 2008 vote for ANY Senator, no matter how esteemed his service, and no matter her past record, if he/she votes for this Bill, under any circumstances.
Here’s some handy information from the Coalition Against Illegal Immigration:
National Republican Senatorial Committee: 202-675-6000
Republican National Committee (RNC): 202-863-8500
Send a free fax at Numbers USA
The best summation of illegal alien crime and encroachment, on the web, is a simple slogan from Blogs4Borders…the illegal alien problem is “100% Preventable.”
To read about radio talk-show host, Laura Ingraham’s interview on illegal immigration with White House Press Secretary, Tony Snow, Tony Snow and Laura Ingraham: Another White House Surge
Welcome to Open Trackback Weekend and Linkfest Haven. I’ll will manually add your trackbacks, with excerpts if available, to this page as they come in. Be patient: some trackbacks mysteriously travel the entire blogosphere before they arrive.
Not familiar with trackbacks? Here’s how to do it:
1) Choose the article you want to promote. Copy my permalink URL and my trackback URL (you’ll find mine just below these instructions). Add my blog name: Maggie’s Notebook linked with my permalink, into the body of your post (just after your completed article). Show it like this: Trackposted to:
Maggie’s Notebook, which gives me a live link within your article. Then send a trackback to me (you’ll need my trackback URL), which will let me know that you are joining in the fun. I will then add your live link to my article.
2) If you use blogging software that doesn’t have “trackback” ability built in, you can use Wizbang Standalone Trackback Pinger or Kalsey’s Simpletracks.
3) If you don’t have trackbacks yet, just leave a comment and say that you do not have trackbacks, with an excerpt from your post and your permalink, and I will add that too!
4) If you would like to join the Open Trackback Alliance visit The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns.
5) If you would like to host a trackback party, or join another blogger’s party, go to Linkfest Haven Deluxe for more information.
6) If you would like to join the Open TrackBack Provider Blogroll visit The Blue State Conservatives for more information.
Posted by Maggie
Pinged by Armed with a leg from The Florida Masochist. Excerpt: Some news from Orlando. Will the robber’s ‘weapon’ be confiscated as evidence? A robber in a wheelchair attacked a man in Orlando overnight with his prosthetic leg then took off with cash and a bottle of beer, police said.
Pinged by The Knucklehead of the Day award from The Florida Masochist. Excerpt: Today’s winner is Palm Beach County State Attorney Barry Krischer
Pinged by God Bless Texas from Woman Honor Thyself. Excerpt: This city girl is grabbin her hubby and headin out to Texas! Indulge me.Oh wait. They’re real big on firearms aint they…OMG…I must poke a lil fun of my Texan buds before I get there k?